About Roy Kahn
Roy J. Kahn is a native of New York City, NY, and a graduate cum laude of Boston University with a bachelor’s degree in business administration.
He earned his Juris Doctor degree from University of Miami Law School in 1975, where he was a member of the Bar and Gavel Society.
An attorney for 33 years, he has practiced both as prosecutor and criminal defense attorney. In his early career, he served in the office of the U.S. Attorney, Southern District of Florida, as an assistant U.S. Attorney assigned to the Criminal Division and in the State Attorney’s Office, Miami-Dade County, FL as an Assistant State Attorney. Responsibilities included prosecution of capital homicides, sexual batteries and other crimes of violence.
He opened his own law practice in 1985. Board certified in criminal practice, he has been admitted to practice law in:
All Florida State courts
- United States Supreme Court
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeal, Eleventh Circuit and Fifth Circuit
- Federal District Courts for the Southern District of Florida, Middle District of Florida and Eastern District of Michigan.
His professional associations include:
- The Florida Bar
- Dade County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board of Directors of the Miami Chapter